Monday, December 13, 2010

Open your eyes

 I have been working on bed time and it seems to be working pretty good. My consistency has been key, this is something that I have known all along but haven't seemed to be able to remember. I notice that I second guess myself a lot on what is the right thing to do. I think that's because I am doing it on my own, I don't have another person here to back me up or reassure me that I am doing what's best. All mistakes fall on my shoulders and it is a big responsibility. All that being said I couldn't be more pleased with the way things are going. The girls are growing and learning more and more everyday, they are truly amazing. They are such sweet, loving, smart little girls and to see the way they love each other is so special.  Selih told me tonight that my singing is beautiful, I can assure it's not but as long as she thinks so I'm happy. The days an be challenging, the stress of rushing to work, trying to keep a decently clean house, and the tantrums and whining that come along with raising  2 and 4 year olds, and all the other "surprises" that I encounter through out the day. The stress and lack of sleep really got the best of me for awhile but more and more I have been finding inspiration to be a stronger, more self sacrificial person. This has been an eye opening year. I have been reminded to enjoy every moment, and to appreciate and respect life. You really never know when it might all be gone. In your life you may come across people that inspire you, enlighten you, or awaken you.  I have had so many amazing people in my life I really am lucky. But I have had to remind my self to pay attention, to stop focusing on the negative and to really look around and see the beauty in life. Sometimes beautiful things come out of tragedies,  but you have to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment